Provident Village at Canton, a premier senior living community in Canton, GA, seeks a Life Enrichment Coordinator to plan a therapeutic recreation program for residents as part of a total resident care plan; provide supervision and protection of residents during activities; provide transportation for residents to attend activities outside the community; supervise activity assistants and volunteers; maintain current activity assessments, care plans, and applicable forms to meet current state and federal guidelines; and maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment to meet the needs of the program. Provident Village at Canton offers a great work environment, competitive pay, full benefits, and a balanced work schedule. EOE.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, or related field preferred.
- Certification as an Activities Coordinator or completion of approved courses.
- 2+ years’ experience in an assisted living or long-term care setting.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Excellent organization, time management, and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the elderly and disabled populations, and the ability to plan and organize activities geared toward the needs of those populations.
- Demonstrated creativity, enthusiasm, patience, integrity, and a positive attitude toward elderly and disabled populations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and willingness to cooperate and work with others.
- Must possess basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Fluency in other languages is helpful.
Visit ActivityDirectorJobs.com for more details .